It’s hard to know who to trust out there in cyberspace (do people still even use that word?). I thought I’d share some things about me so that you know I’m not a SLP blogging robot:
1) I speak fluent Spanish, but I wanted to learn French in high school because my grandmother spoke fluent French. I took a couple semesters in college. I still have a burning desire to visit Paris.
2) I dislike cold weather. Winters are hard for me because I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency several years ago and I know I need those rays of the sun desperately!
3) I went to two Big Ten schools: University of Wisconsin Madison (undergrad – Spanish) and Northwestern University in Evanston (grad – Speech). But my favorite school is UW-Madison. Yep, I’m a Badger.
4) I have a Chinese last name because my husband is Chinese-American.
5) I want to journal more, by hand in cursive (not by keyboard).
6) I think kids are so funny. Everyday they make me laugh both at work and at home!
7) I worked in corporate America for more than four years before returning to graduate school and becoming a speech path.
8) I’m gluten free and it has changed my life.
9) I love to cook and I collect cookbooks.
10) I live in an all-boy house: I have two little boys, one big boy dog, a husband, and a male fish. Someone told me I’m the queen. I guess so.
What else do you want to know? Tell me a little about yourself!!