Speech Therapy in Spanish
Do you work with bilingual students who need support in Spanish? It can be tough to know where to start. Actually it’s even tougher to figure out which words to target. Many of the commercial materials available have Spanish editions, but they often include words that are obscure and non-functional.
It is really important for students who speak Spanish to have Spanish words to practice their speech sound articulation. Spanish and English do share some phonemes, but there are phonemes unique to each language. Practicing Spanish word lists makes sense to meet your students’ and their families’ needs too.
Spanish Articulation Word Lists
I spent years looking for lists of Spanish words for speech therapy. Well, I made this and now it can be yours for FREE. I purposely omitted early developing sounds (like, B, P, M) and instead cover comply misarticulated phonemes that I have worked on in speech therapy sessions. These lists cover the following sounds in words in Spanish:
- F initial & medial
- CH initial & medial
- K initial & medial
- G initial & medial
- S initial, medial, & final
- L initial, medial, & final
- R initial, medial, & final
- L & R Blends initial and medial.
To get them emailed directly into your inbox, you have to click here: Spanish Word Lists for Speech Therapy and become an email subscriber. They are all yours! Enjoy!
If you want picture flashcards with your words in both color in black & white, check out these resources (below). I created enough articulation resources for you to use for the rest of your career:
- 5 Star Spanish Articulation Cards in Word and Sentences
- Spanish Articulation Mini-Cards
- Spanish Articulation and Phonology Screener
- Spanish Articulation Mystery Puzzles
- Drag and Drop Spanish Articulation
- Spanish Articulation: Princess, Superhero, Sports Bundle
- Spanish Articulation Cards and Games – No Prep Bundle