Summer is coming and we want to help you plan your activities, but to make sure we can categorize you appropriately we NEED to know exactly who you are! Answer these 10 questions and we will classify you (remember that there are no wrong answers):
- When it comes to planning a summer trip, you:
- A) Wait and see what other family members are going to do and tag along.
- B) Make loose plans for the Fourth of July but otherwise let it ride.
- C) Carefully consider family preferences and past vacations and then buy a package deal online.
- D) Plan a road trip for a summer to hit some historical sites so your kids learn something.
- Your professional plans this summer include:
- A) doing nothing professional at all
- B) plan to read the ASHA Leaders that have piled up over the year
- C) Getting all of your ASHA CEUs for the year and fulfill your state’s requirements as well as attend ASHA Connect in Chicago
- D) listen to some speech therapy podcasts and log into your ASHA.org account to see make sure the ASHA Registry has all of your CEUs.
- Your idea of relaxation is:
- A) toes in the sand
- B) shopping the outlet malls
- C) tourist in your own city hitting up all the museums
- D) scheduling a spa day for you and your bestie.
- Professional development in the summer means:
- A) what are you talking about?
- B) reading emails from your favorite SLPs
- C) ASHA Connect
- D) Meeting up with your SLP besties for fun.
- Your own kids this summer will:
- A) run through the sprinkler in the backyard
- B) have play dates with their friends
- C) structured sleep away camp and violin lessons
- D) attend a free park district activity.
- Your makeup routine for the summer will be:
- A) fresh faced all summer long
- B) mascara and go
- C) full make-up as normal
- D) tinted sunscreen.
- Will you see coworkers from school this summer?
- A) no way
- B) maybe
- C) we’ve got monthly cocktails planned out
- D) probably meet at the zoo once.
- Your favorite summer drink is:
- A) slushies
- B) Jell-O shots
- C) sangria soirée every other Friday in my backyard
- D) wine spritzer
- Your favorite picnic food is:
- A) fruit
- B) store-bought coleslaw
- C) Martha Stewart Living’s Recipe for Healthy BBQ
- D) corn on the cob made on the grill
- Your motto this summer is:
- A) let it ride
- B) be yourself
- C) can’t stop won’t stop
- D) just do it
If you answered with more A’s:
Low Key Type B SLP – You are a true Type B SLP. You don’t overdo it or stress. You take it as it comes and enjoy life by living in the present. You don’t take yourself too seriously and that’s the best thing about you! You probably would clash with intense Type A SLPs. Check out Summer Activities for the Type B SLP
If you answered with more B’s:
Intense Type B SLP – You are a Type B SLP who is trying to get move up to Type A, but in small ways on your own time. Baby steps and you will make it. But don’t guilt yourself about it because you are just perfect the way you are. Check out Intense Type B: Summer Reads for the SLP
If you answered with more C’s:
Intense Type A SLP – I see you Type A SLP! Wow, you are the most organized person around. Don’t forget to relax and enjoy yourself this summer while you study your CEUS. Even though you are #goals, you could relax a little more!! Make friends with a Type B SLP and drink a slushie together. Check out Intense Type A: Free Summer CEU Opportunities
If you answered with more D’s:
Low Key Type A SLP – You are the kind of person who went to a good grad school, but you mellowed out just slightly after facing the reality of being a school-based SLP. You get the basics covered and enjoy life – good for you for balancing it all! Check out 5 Tips for Low Key Type A SLP