When I first got my iPad and started using it for therapy, I had no idea which apps would be the best for me to use with my students to meet their goals in the areas of articulation and language. In addition to my own experience, I’m using feedback from other speech pathologists as well to create this list of 29 paid iPad apps. While I cannot vouch for every app listed below, for it to make the list I know that someone has found it useful. Enjoy!
2) Spanish Artik $19.99 – The Spanish version of Articulate It!
3) Language Builder $9.99 – Picture
stimuli for creating sentences
5) iMovie $4.99 – Create movies for video modeling
7) Explain Everything $2.99 – Plan out a story visually
9) iCommunicate $29.99 – Create storyboards, flash cards, visual schedules, etc
14) Popplet $4.99 – Visual map and organization tool
22) Smarty Pants School $9.99 – Focused on early reading skills
23) Faces iMake – Right Brain Creativity $3.99 – Create faces with objects
24) My Play Home $3.99 – Create a family explore their home
25) Fact or Opinion Fun Deck $3.99 – Is it fact or opinion?
26) How Would You Feel If… $3.99 – Explore children’s feelings
What other apps do you use with your students? I’d love to know!