What is Jamboard?
Google Jamboard is the digital whiteboard tool you never about but that you need to use now. In this video I cover the main features and functionalities of this free application from Google
- The work done on the whiteboard is savable to create a “folder” for each student.
- If a student has limited remote control options, share the link to the jam in session.
- After a session is over, the jam can be shared with parents.
- Need “evidence of learning”? The jam is sharable, which I feel like is important to have for some students to share later at IEP meetings.
- The annotation tools include the ability to insert an image or screenshot of a worksheet onto the page. Writing can be done into it using the text feature.
Is there a Jamboard app?
Google offers both iOS and Android apps for phones and tablets. If you are using an iPad in therapy, using the Jamboard app is convenient and functional because the student and the clinician can interact on the same whiteboard on different screens. Just share the link with the student over email or place the link in the chat, and the student can access the same jam.
Is there a Jamboard extension for Chrome?
Google Jamboard integrates with Google Chrome using the Jamboard extension. You can activate the extension (and many other useful extensions) by going to the Chrome Web Store.