It’s that time of year again where we are scrambling for additional CEUs. And we also have our ASHA dues to pay AND all of the holiday expenses!! Ugh!
Don’t worry because I will be able to help you today. In addition to my popular post Top 10 Free CEUs for SLPs, I’ve compiled five more options for CEUs. Some you can even do today to earn your CEUs. Also it pays to be an email subscriber to various different organizations as well.
5 Free CEUs Speech Therapy Focused
- University of Wisconsin -Madison’s Voice and Swallow Clinic’s Lecture Series — Holy cow, if you need free CEUs right now, here’s the place to go. You can watch each lecture and get credit. I haven’t done the series, but it looks to be potentially quite a few CEUs. Click the link and scroll down – hurry up because some do expire in 2018.
- Bilinguistics Email List — I’m a long-time Bilinguistics subscriber and every so often they offer free CEUs for subscribers. I highly recommend the list for the wealth of information of bilingualism. Click on the link and scroll down to “join the conversation” and then enter your email address.
- Leaders Project — The Leaders Project from the Teachers College of Columbia University offers free self-study CEUs. Click here to see the complete list.
- Presence Learning — Many different speech therapy agencies offer free webinars that grant free CEUs. Presence Learning, one of the teletherapy companies, does this occasionally. One of the benefits of being on their email list. Scroll all the way to the bottom and to join their email newsletter. (Although I am a teletherapist, I do not work for Presence Learning and do not endorse or have any relationship with the company.)
- SLP Summit — Over the summer I was able to get a lot of free CEUs from SLP Summit. I believe they will be offering many free CEUs in 2018. Click here to sign up.
I have no relationship with any of the companies or websites I have listed above. I simply did some digging and found that they were offering intermittent opportunities for free CEUs. The opportunities above, coupled with those I reference in my original post, are perfect for SLPs looking to earn CEUs for the Certification Maintenance Interval.
It is a lengthy process to offer ASHA-approved CEUs and it costs $2,500 for a calendar year. That is why many organizations offer paid CEUs. It’s just too costly to become approved to offer free CEUs to SLPs. If you take one of the courses above, consider reaching out to thank them for providing them for free. Because it’s not free for them, though they most likely to deduct it from their taxes as a work expense.
Another resource is Jill Shook’s Top Five Sites for Free CEUs. Check it out for some additional suggestions. Thanks for reading this post! 🙂