For everyone who has already watched all the videos in my other posts, I wanted to make a new compilation. These new videos are for you to share with students! Specifically, I believe these videos would be great for inferencing. The first five videos are for all ages, but the second five videos are for older students because the themes are more serious.
Previous Popular Wordless Videos for Speech Therapy:
How to Use Wordless Videos
If you are new to wordless videos, you might not realize all the things that you can do with them. In fact, I think these are some of the most useful types of videos you can use with students with communication. Here’s how I use wordless videos:
- Make sure you preview the content of every video to be sure it is right for your students.
- Please mute and preview all ads prior to showing students
- Display video to students, stopping to ask WH-questions
- Ask more questions and hit pause as needed.
- Ask students what actions they see (walking, jumping, playing, etc)
- Ask students if they have a prediction about how the story will end
- Make sure to stop for comprehension checks.
- End video and ask students “What happened?”
- Ask students to retell the story (sequencing).
- Replay video and have students narrate the story
IEP Skills Targeted by Wordless Videos
Students with IEPs are working on all of the below goals. Here are skills that you can target in your
- Action Words
- Retell a Story
- Problem Solving
10 Wordless Videos for Speech Therapy that Teach Inferencing
I’ve just researched these wordless videos on YouTube going through a ton of videos. The ones that didn’t make the cut had themes that were too dark. Additionally, some were very sad. Keep in mind that the final 5 in this below list are geared for older students because they are a bit more
- Volaremos https://youtu.be/XKWKvTVZdBM – This cute video features penguins never giving up on dreams!
- Joy Story https://youtu.be/7TD9dBJH7IM – In this video a dog learns a lesson about sharing.
- Reimagination of Paperman https://youtu.be/UOS5CP8tzYQ – The main character of this video is a man pursuing a love interest.
- The WishGranter https://youtu.be/zON0wDD7VJY – Find out what really happens when you make a wish on a coin and toss it into a fountain.
- Buttons https://youtu.be/dG4ZkIqejqs – It’s important always to be generous to others. There is a poverty theme here.
- Insight https://youtu.be/4dkhqCUSYcM – A little girl learns all about kindness from an elderly, homeless woman. This video deals with homelessness. *Mature
- Umbrella https://youtu.be/Bl1FOKpFY2Q – A child learns a lesson about kindness from an orphan child, who was a refugee. *Mature
- Wire Cutters https://youtu.be/3Bs4LOtIuxg – Two robots allow greed to destroy their cooperation. *Mature
- Hair Love https://youtu.be/kNw8V_Fkw28 – A father learns how to do his daughter’s hair and overcome obstacles. Mother has cancer. *Mature
- One Small Step https://youtu.be/yWd4mzGqQYo – Beautiful story about a girl who never gave up. Her father dies in the story. *Mature
I hope you enjoy these videos as much as I did!
Sharon S says
Thank you! I love using wordless videos in therapy and did not know about a few of these! I am definitely bookmarking this post.
Sarah Wu says