***Before you read this useful post, I know you need bilingual speech therapy resources, you have two options:
- Join my money-saving membership: Bilingual Speech Therapy Resources
- Shop my store: TeachersPayTeachers Store – Sarah Wu
Are you looking to enroll in a bilingual speech-language pathology graduate program in the US? Have you done your research? There are now more programs than ever before offering bilingual courses to graduate students in speech therapy. Many universities go above and beyond by offering bilingual certificates to students, which will make them even more desirable to employers after graduation because they have a more in-depth knowledge about bilingualism.
I researched all the graduate schools offering additional support to bilingual SLPs. Some offer a bilingual track, a certificate, or even an experience abroad to deepen cultural understanding and increase language use and practice.
My list includes the top 25 Bilingual Speech Pathology Graduate Programs in the US in order geographically. Texas gets its own special grouping because it has a lot of programs and it’s also home to the largest number of bilingual speech pathologists in the United States.
This list has been updated in August 2022.
- Marquette University (WI)
- Indiana University at Bloomington
- Saint Xavier (IL)
- St Ambrose (IA) – They have a study abroad option in Ecuador
- University of Texas-Austin
- Texas State University – Double check the program exists
- University of Texas at El Paso
- Our Lady of the Lake University
- Texas Christian University
- The University of Arizona
- Portland State
- University of New Mexico
- New Mexico State University – Double check the program exists
- San Diego State University
- Arizona State University – Double check the program exists
- University of Redlands
- Columbia University (NY)
- Hunter College (NY)
- Lehman College (NY) as a Bilingual Certificate program TSSLD
- Hofstra University (NY)
- West Chester University (PA)
- University of North Carolina
- North Carolina Central University
- Florida International University
If you have updated information you would like to share with me, please contact me. Thank you!
Read more about Bilingual Speech Therapy:
5 Myths about Bilingual Speech-Language Pathologists
Top 25 Bilingual Speech Therapy Graduate Programs
Bilingual Speech Therapy 101
The Golden Rule of Bilingualism
Top 20 Websites for Speech Therapy in Spanish
Speech Sound Differences between English and Spanish
10 Pros and Cons of Being a Bilingual SLP