Spanish is a multisyllabic language
When students who speak Spanish struggle to string syllables together, it impacts their intelligibility quite a bit. My Spanish Multisyllabic Words Puzzles resource was created with Spanish-speaking students in mind. This resource is intended for EL students and for students in special education who work with an SLP. If you enjoy this resource and want even more check out the following resources:
- Spanish Phonology Minimal Pairs Puzzles
- 60 PUZZLES – Palabras Compuestas – Compound Words in Spanish — Print and Go!
- 67 PUZZLES – Sinónimos – Synonyms in Spanish — Print and Go!
- 54 PUZZLES – Antónimos – Antonyms in Spanish — Print and Go!
- 52 PUZZLES – Modismos – Idioms in Spanish — Print and Go!
Your Spanish-speaking students are sure to enjoy this resource. And as a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), you’re going to LOVE how it supports students’ multisyllabic goals. This resource provides great visuals for students to see and think about how to link up syllables to make words. It is a hands-on activity of cutting out the puzzle pieces and putting them back together. Your students will be actively engaged in creating multisyllabic words.
The Spanish language is full of two and three-syllable words which is why this resource is so crucial. It supports your students struggling to produce these words. With 21 pages of two-syllable word puzzles and 25 pages of three-syllable word puzzles, you’ll have plenty of practice for your speech therapy sessions!
Using this activity is easy. Simply download the desired pages, print, and begin! I suggest copying on card stock and cutting the pieces you intend to use session after session/year after year yourself so that they can be laminated and reused. Using the puzzles in therapy sessions, as homework practice, and as a warm-up or wrap-up game are just a few options when you can use this resource.
Puzzles are Easy and Fun!
These Spanish Multisyllabic Word Puzzles are a valuable tool for Spanish-speaking students who struggle with stringing syllables together. Designed with ELL students and those in special education in mind, this resource provides support for students’ multisyllabic goals. When students master the production of multi-syllabic words, it improves their intelligibility. The wide range of puzzles included offers a variety of ways for students to practice and expand their language skills. The emphasis is on two and three-syllable words is important because they are abundant in the Spanish language. Whether used in therapy sessions, as homework practice, or as a warm-up or wrap-up game, this resource provides a versatile and effective way to support Spanish-speaking students’ language development.
OTHER INTERESTING POSTS AND RESOURCES
- SLPs Boost Spanish Language with Printable Multisyllabic Word Flashcards
- Upgrade Your Speech Therapy in Spanish: 5 Star Articulation Cards
- Mastering ‘El’ and ‘La’ in Spanish: Article Task Cards
- Apraxia in Spanish Workbook
- Multisyllabic Word Puzzles in Spanish
- Spanish Articulation Mystery Puzzles
- Learning Color Names in Spanish and English: Red Flags for Learning Disabilities
- Spanish Phonology Minimal Pair Flashcards
- How to Teach the Spanish Flap R and the Spanish Trill RR
- Spanish Articulation Phonology Screener